Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rain, rain go away

What do I miss the most about high school? The definition of the "weekend." A glorious two days of nothingness. At least nothing school related. College introduces a much different idea of how Saturday and Sunday should be spent. The end of the week has finally rolled around, the weekend is upon us, and my agenda stretches out the entire length of it. Instead of a reprieve it is just two more days tacked onto the school week. Plotting and planning for my Comparative Literature essay, reworking an writing assignment, solidifying French verbs and grammar structures. Though I am desperate to keep the library from becoming home.

A long weekend of home and rain. Lots and lots of rain. The loveliness of an Oregon fall finally seems to be fading into winter. The chilled, wet weather is something I'll have to get use to again. I hate to admit that already, I almost miss the sunshine.

But there are a million and one things that I love about this time of year. Topping the list? The holidays. Thanksgiving is just a week away, meaning five long days at home with family and friends (particularly - a very specific Allie Teters, who will be returning from the far off city of Seattle). Though I am facing a ten hour shift at work on Black Friday, the largest shopping day of the year. And a week after that, granted that I make it through final exams alive, the Christmas holiday await. Back home, and back to (somewhat) the old routines of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment